Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Family Tragedy

A tragedy has struck our family.

I struggle to see God's hand in this situation and there is so much within me that wants to turn away from Him; but my deepest core continues to know there is some plan here. All I see is pain, loneliness, orphaned children; but God sees so much more.

I recall my first level 2 formation leader saying that children of the atrium (who have had all 9 years in the atrium) have a "particular kind of hope." That when bad things happen in life and even when they choose some downright awful things, they have a hope within them that allows them to come back to the Good Shepherd.

Please pray for my family; that the next 18 months will not only go by quickly but may be drastically shortened.


May purgatory be emptied.


4 comments:

  1. Dear Jessica, I am praying with you - for you and your family. Thinking and Lifting you all up in prayers all the way from Singapore. You all are well-loved, beloved children of God. The Good Shepherd is with you.

    hugs from a fellow L3 catechist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! I have definitely been supported by everyone's prayers - so much so that I believe I could physically feel them at times!

      Many blessings for your family and your atrium family!

      Delete
  2. Jessica, I am reading your blog for the first time. (I'm hoping to have my Level I atrium opened in October and am looking for lots of ideas from loving CGS veterans, as yourself.)
    Please know that I am praying for you and your family, and will lift your needs in prayer daily! May a smile be brought to your face knowing that you have made significant and long-lasting effects in the Kingdom of God.
    May His name be praised forever XO
    Julie Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! Everyone's prayers were felt and highly appreciated! May God bless your family and your atrium family!

      Delete