Thursday, December 12, 2013

God's Prepared Environment


An important Montessori principle maintained in the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is the principle of the prepared environment (one leg of the tripod: prepared environment, prepared child, prepared adult).

As a catechist and a Montessorian, I believe that the prepared child is out of my control because I cannot control the child's home life (unless I am the parent of said child); and that I do have control over both the preparedness of the adult (myself!) and that of the physical environment.

Well....

God has other ideas about who is in control of the prepared environment:

I missed picturing the making of snow angels in the parking lot ;) 

Here is our atrium one beautiful, if somewhat treacherous, snowy day. 

This particular day, the most appropriate prepared environment was the one created by the Father Himself.




It would seem God has the only properly prepared environment for His children! 


Anything I can prepare is a poor second - and I know He will still use it for His glory. 



No comments:

Post a Comment